Mapping Task: (MCT)
- It is used to Create a mapping configuration Task on a IICS mapping which you have already created. Mapping Task is like a session in Informatica PowerCenter
- We have many options in MCT like Email Notifications Tasks, Schedule Details, Pre-Processing Commands, Post Processing commands, Download Parameter File and many more options available.
- To Create a mapping Task, Go to New-> Tasks > Mapping Task as shown in the below:
- In the mapping Task, for few transformations like Sequence generator, we will be having few extra options to reset the current value and Initial value.
- Also in the mapping task, we can Reset the Mapping variables (in-out parameters), we can define the input parameters like Source, Target Connections and tables, field mapping.