Interview questions on Target Transformation in Informatica Cloud IICS:
What is Target Transformation in Informatica Cloud IICS?
Target transformation is used to define the target connection and target object for the mapping. You can use one or more Target transformations in a mapping.
What are the Target types you will see when we select any target database connection?
Single object and Parameter we will see as target types.
What are the operations you will see when you select Target as Table?
We will see the below types of operations when we select Target as Table
- Upsert Update or Insert)
- Data Driven.
What are the Target object options you will see when you select Target as a table ?
You will see the below two options when we select target as a table.
- Create a new at run time.
How to update the target records when we don't have primary key in target table in Informatica Cloud IICS?
- By default, Data Integration updates target tables based on key values. However, you can override the default UPDATE statement for each target in a mapping.
- If you want to update the target based on non-key columns, you must use Target Update override property.
- Please see the below example for Target Update override.
TOTAL_SALES = :TU.TOTAL_SALES
:TU.EMP_NAME = EMP_NAME AND EMP_NAME = 'MIKE SMITH'
What is Dynamic linking Informatica Cloud IICS?
- Informatica Cloud Data Integration allows you to create a new target files/tables at runtime.
- To use this feature in mappings, choose Create New at Runtime option in target and specify the name for the new target.
- The user can choose a static filename where the target file will be replaced by a new file every time the mapping runs.
- The user can also choose to create a Dynamic filename so that every time the mapping runs, target file is created with a new name.
Can you give some examples of Creating the target file at runtime?
Emp_tgt_%d-%m.csv – will give Emp_tgt_02-10.csv
OrdersOut_’||To_Char(SYSDATE, ‘YYYY-MM-DD’)||’.csv’ – will give the below file OrdersOut_ 2023-10-02.csv’
How does an Update Strategy transformation work in Informatica Cloud IICS?
- There is no Separate Update strategy transformation available in Information Cloud.
- In the target transformation in a mapping, Informatica Cloud Data Integration provides the option for the action to be performed on the target – Insert, Update, Upsert, Delete and Data Driven.
Interview questions on Sequence Generator Transformation in Informatica Cloud IICS:
What is sequence generator Transformation in Informatica Cloud IICS?
- The Sequence Generator transformation is a passive and connected transformation that generates numeric values.
- Use the Sequence Generator to create unique primary key values, replace missing primary keys, or cycle through a sequential range of numbers.
What are the default fields available in sequence generator Transformation in Informatica Cloud IICS?
- The Sequence Generator transformation contains pass-through fields and two output fields, NEXTVAL and CURRVAL.
- In advanced mode, the transformation contains one output field, NEXTVAL.
- You can connect the output fields to one or more downstream transformations.
What are the uses of sequence generator Transformation in Informatica Cloud IICS?
- Generate a sequence of unique numbers.
- Generate a cyclic sequence of numbers.
- Continue an existing sequence of numbers.
What is the use NEXTVAL Field in sequence generator Transformation in Informatica Cloud IICS?
We will use the NEXTVAL field to generate a sequence of numbers based on the Initial Value and Increment By properties.
What will be output of if we map the NEXTVAL field to multiple transformations in IICS?
If you map the NEXTVAL field to multiple transformations, the mapping task generates the same sequence or a unique sequence of numbers for each downstream transformation based on the mapping type.
What is CURRVAL Field in sequence generator Transformation in Informatica Cloud IICS?
The CURRVAL field value is the NEXTVAL value plus the Increment By value.
If you map the CURRVAL field without mapping the NEXTVAL field, what will be the output?
If you map the CURRVAL field without mapping the NEXTVAL field, the mapping task generates the same number for each row.
What are the properties available in Sequence Generator in Informatica Cloud IICS?
- Use Shared Sequence
- Increment By
- End Value
- Initial Value
- Cycle Start Value
- Number of Cached Values
What are the properties you see on the Advanced Tab in Sequence Generator in IICS?
The below properties are available in the Advanced tab Sequence Generator in Informatica Cloud IICS
- Tracing Level
- Disable incoming fields.
What are the extra features available in IICS Sequence Generator compare to PowerCenter?
The below are the extra features available in IICS.
- Use Shared Sequence
- Disable incoming fields
- Shared Sequence component.
What is the use of Disable incoming fields in Sequence Generator in IICS?
- You can disable incoming fields to connect only the generated sequence in the output fields, NEXTVAL and CURRVAL, to one or more downstream transformations.
- When you disable incoming fields, you cannot connect the Sequence Generator transformation to upstream transformations.
Can we use a Sequence Generator transformation in a mapplet in Informatica Cloud IICS?